At SCE, the health and safety of our customers, staff and communities is a core priority – even more so with the uncertainty around the rapidly changing COVID-19 health crisis.
We are committed to maintaining high levels of cleanliness and hygiene and will be enforcing additional measures and procedures in our day-to-day operations in a best effort to reduce any risk of the spread of COVID-19 virus.
This includes the following procedures we have implemented to support the health and wellbeing of our staff and customers:
- Minimising person-to-person contact where possible
- Thoroughly washing and drying hands regularly
- Avoiding close contact with people who have cold or flu-like symptoms
- Covering coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing eg. sneezing into elbow
- Cleaning work surfaces, telephones and keyboards with disinfectant regularly
- Reviewing non-essential travel and ensuring all staff adhere to guidelines of self-isolation when returning from overseas travel
- Encouraging employees who are sick to stay home from work and contact their doctor and phone their supervisor/manager
- Self-isolating for 14 days when someone returns from a high risk, listed country
- Ensuring staff stay at home if feeling unwell
It is important to take these proactive steps at work and home in monitoring the global situation, following general hygiene advice and promoting influenza protocols.
We will continue to listen to the recommendations from health professionals and organisations and act accordingly.